Sunday, November 25, 2012

 So Fishing season is over  for the most part for me for the season, shoulder rotator cup injury at the end of the fall salmon season.
I felt the tear, irritating an old shoulder injury from my current job, and casting is painful to say the least, just as well I suppose as fall salmon season at the station has been a huge disappointment this year, the fish are simply not there, perhaps a side effect of introduced Alewives which may be the kryptonite of the landlock salmon,....they are tasty and fill the bellies of these salmonoids and they are very numerous indeed, however they sterilize Atlantic salmon with a vitamin B deficiency,...we are seeing it now.

Anyhow for myself it is Art season, not feeling in a painting mood I opt for sculpture, in this case a brook trout sculpture based on a trophy sized brookie of 6.5 lbs., the brookie,...prettiest fish that swims IMHO bar none. especially in its Fall garb.

This is going to be a casting of my sculpture first done in sculpy modelling clay then molded in Alumilite  high strength 2 silicone rubber then cast in urethane  resin and painted with water based taxidermy paints with my airbrush. And then finally placed on a walnut base with a glass cover, a nice desktop piece is the final goal.

Stage one is the actual rough sculpture,... fins are not finished they all need rays and bone structure.



No comments:

Post a Comment