Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 6 on the water,...SKUNKED!!!!

I have to report bad with the good so,....


I knew it was going to be a dull day on the river even before I arrived...as I got into my car to leave this morning the air temperature had dropped at least 20 degrees from the previous night, same thing happened last year about this time and put the fish into a bit of a shock for a day or 2.

River surface was covered in sea smoke which is never a good sign in my opinion,....sign of  air temp much colder than the water temp.

I arrive at the scene about 0630 put on my fave searching pattern(Montreal floozie) and proceed to run it through the pool without so much as a follow or boil.

I switch to a small cream body brown hackled wooly bugger(which has been seeing action this fall) and get only a smallish boil behind the swung fly.

I then go pretty much through my entire roster with only a chase or 2 here or there but no solid takers.

Other fishermen on the river were having similar luck today so I don't feel too badly other than the wasted gasoline and trip up...these days happen for a fall salmon fishermen at times too often, luckily I don't taste skunk very often anymore and expect tomorrow will be an entirely different story,...it should be a good day and will post results tomorrow after fishing...one can only hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment