Sunday, January 15, 2012

Big weekend of finishing up a few projects I had sitting on the wall for weeks,...

First up was my Striped Bass Painting , pretty happy with this one used a lot of silver oil for scale reflective flashes, liking the effect.

Next painting is 3 Bluefin tuna eating squid on 18X24 canvas, this is based on a Stanley Meltzoff original, my girlfriend saw it as we were browsing online she liked it quite a lot and I don't have $10,000+ for the original so I painted one for her for a fraction of the cost,... not even close to the quality/talent of Stanley's but not too bad, his painting has the big fish hunting baitish, mine are ravaging a school of squid. Stan Meltzoff is a now deceased artist that did fantastic works for Nat Geo/ Sports Illustrated magazine, as well as many others, his big game fishing works are top notch.
 Finally a Hummingbird with flowers, with lots of color and copper oil for the throat feather highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment